This is the book that thousands of kid show magicians believe is the 21st century's bible of kids magic. Do you want to learn how to be a great magician for children? Seriously Silly has the answers.
This is a complete guide to performing magic for children by New York City’s top kid show magician. David Kaye has been featured on television, in newspapers, and many magazines. Between the covers of this well-written, highly illustrated book, he shares his secrets of success. It features six never-before published routines, 27 secrets of funnier routines, 7 essays, plus 21 tips to keep parents from talking during your show! Read this book, take his advice, and your shows will improve. That means your demand will increase and you'll do more shows!
The reviews of Seriously Silly have been excellent! Michael Close in Magic Magazine wrote, “This book may well become the definitive resource on this type of magic. For the kid show performer it is indispensable. Highly recommended.” And in Genii, Jamy Ian Swiss called it, “Quite possibly the smartest book ever written about performing magic for children. This is a must-have text for any practitioner of that art form.”
Turn your show into non-stop laughter with the techniques you’ll discover only in this book.
- Learn the psychology behind children’s behavior and how to apply that to a successful show.
- Unlock the top ten keys to performing memorable children’s magic.
- Get the secrets to making parents laugh, too, so you get hired again and again.
- Discover simple steps that make kids demand you for their party.
- Understand the differences in performing for different aged children.
- Six steps to getting the most entertainment from a child volunteer.
- Solving the top ten problems of performing for children.
- Step-by-step instruction on how to create your own hilarious routines.
- BONUS: Includes behind the scenes stories of working the parties of Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, Susan Sarandon, and many more.
Seriously Silly was the first time David Kaye released his routines to the magic community.
These are his favorite routines from his own hugely successful show. When you learn and perform them, you may well find that they become the funniest routines in your repertoire. Each routine is well-Illustrated with drawings or photographs.
- Five minutes with The Milk Pitcher that will change your show completely.
- The funniest Mis-Made Flag routine you have ever seen.
- Win your audience over with a charming routine for very shy children. Even kids as young as three can be stars in this trick.
Now you can have his secrets to successful kid show magic in one idea-filled, easy to read volume. Read reviews of Seriously Silly!
Genii Magazine: “Quite possibly the smartest book ever written about children’s magic. Having read it I can assure you that there is no magician on the planet, no matter your specialty, who will not derive immeasurable if unexpected benefit from reading this book.”
Magic Magazine: “This book may well become the definitive resource on this type of magic. Seriously Silly is a tremendously valuable book, containing insights that only come from years of experience. For the kid’s show performer, it is indispensable. …highly recommended.”
M.U.M. Magazine: "I believe that every kid show magician will benefit from reading this book. David’s full-day workshop at the S.A.M. Convention was extremely popular. Now he shows a fine talent for writing and teaching the rest of us the elements of performing magic for today’s kids. This is a wonderful book."
Terry Herbert: “I have just read a book that in my humble opinion is one of the best books on entertaining children ever. This is a must-read for anybody who entertains children, whether experienced or novice. I cannot recommend it too highly.”
Richard Kaufman: “There is no book regarding the performance of magic for adults that is the equal of David Kaye’s Seriously Silly. The psychological insight the author has regarding his young audience is staggering. Seriously silly offers lessons in performance and psychology that every performer, whether working for children or adults, can use to greatly enhance their shows. I don’t publish many books these days, but I had no choice here: Seriously Silly is the best book ever written on how to perform magic effectively.”
The book contains new, unpublished information. However, this book also contains all the information from David's lecture notes: Kid Show Kliff Notes, How to Perform the Perfect Kid Show Trick, and Solving the Top 10 Problems. All of it has been greatly expanded and updated.
Get serious about your kids magic. Get Seriously Silly!